Music player

23.06.2020 Meeting # 463- Begin With The End In Mind


A glimpse of thought from Cetani Chen, DTM

Thank you for the opportunity for blogging.

As I aspire to learn better English, I joined an English Toastmasters Club. This could be a good beginning, I thought, I might be able to expedite the learning process like a student. But after joining for some time, I found that my progress was really slow, disappointedly slow.

However, I had built a strong foundation from my Mandarin Toastmasters Club, and I will not give up no matter what.

I wanted to present myself and my thought naturally and freely, but words went disappeared when I came to the stage. That’s is horrible. I made the effort to read English magazine, like the Toastmasters monthly magazine. When I saw those well written articles, it motivates me to learn the language better. I understand the language, I can read the language, but how come it is so difficult to speak it out? I would stutter like an old chunky truck.


I made an effort to write a better script, use a better vocabulary, but I did not manage to memorize it. I tried a few times and I still failed to perform. I had to accept the fact that I have left English speaking for more than 10 years. I have to re-learn the language, like a primary school child. I have to simplify my presentation, take it one step at a time, most importantly, I want to keep myself looked natural.

The topic that I have selected is called “ The Gift of Love”. This presentation allowed me to express myself in a way I am comfortable with. Although my speech may not be grammatically perfect, I was glad that I manage to overcome my fear. After the presentation, I felt a sense of comfort level and confidence building up in me.

I really want to thank the supportive members in Money Mastery-KL, for allowing me to walk on this path with you. I will put in more effort to prepare more speeches, and complete my path in this term. I believe that my effort will pay off eventually.




Blog Writer: Cetani, DTM

Regards,
MM-KL EXCO
2019/2020

No comments: